Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury
The Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury is seeking an Investigator to investigate allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse in government and publicly funded entities, which will involve:
- Applying accounting principles and techniques to analyze data from large books and records (manual and accounting information systems) to find evidence of complex manipulation and/or concealment
- Conducting and documenting interviews
- Researching laws and regulations
- Recognizing and reporting process and transaction deficiencies
- Preparing to present investigations and testimony in all phases of the judicial process
- Partnering with law enforcement; prosecutors; staff of local, state, and federal agencies; contract auditors; vendors; and citizens on investigating criminal allegations
- Increasing the likelihood of compliance with relevant laws, rules, regulations, standards, best practices, and policy
Investigators must be able travel throughout Tennessee as needed; however, they travel primarily within an assigned region. Positions are available for the Middle, Middle East, and West Tennessee region, and the individual selected for each position may live anywhere within that region. Investigators may be required to work a flexible schedule to meet deadlines.
For more information, visit the following links.
Middle Tennessee Region https://tennesseecomptrollerofthetreasury.applytojob.com/apply/htx6B1p0I8/Fraud-Investigator-Middle-Tennessee
Middle East Tennessee Region https://tennesseecomptrollerofthetreasury.applytojob.com/apply/QUtqoCpqBD/Fraud-Investigator-MidEast-Tennessee
West Tennessee Region - Memphis Area https://tennesseecomptrollerofthetreasury.applytojob.com/apply/xH9yXOCkwq/Fraud-Investigator-Memphis-Based