Tennessee Housing Development Agency
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the leadership of the Assistant Director and Director of Internal Audit, is responsible for performing financial, compliance, and performance audits, reviews and investigations of THDA programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs audits of the organization’s programs and procedures, including preparation of adequate electronic working papers.
- Performs audits of external organizations such as servicing banks, financial institutions, and grantees.
- Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works with the Division Director, Assistant Director or Senior Internal Auditors, assisting with investigations necessary to address allegations of fraud, waste, or abuse of agency assets, programs or functions or any other allegations affecting the organization.
- See job posting for full listing.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting or Bachelor Degree in related field with 24 semester hours in accounting.
- Minimum of two years of related experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license in good standing or CPA eligible preferred.
- Experience in the mortgage loan industry or Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) assisted programs preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
For more information or to apply, follow the link below.