Senior Internal Auditor
Meharry Medical College
The Senior Internal Auditor ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation. The position is required to complete audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings and is responsible for the writing of the audit report all with minimum supervision. All audits are performed in accordance with the Professional Practices Framework established by the Institute of Internal Auditors and the MMC Internal Audit manual.
This position reports directly to the Chief Audit Executive.
- Performs all aspects of the internal audit process, including planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up
- Conducts internal reviews and follow-ups to determine adequacy of corrective actions
- Assist external auditors as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of auditing principles, theory and practice, including Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standard
- Good planning and organizational skills to prioritize multiple projects while working under pressure, independently and with shifting demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with diverse individuals at all organizational levels, both inside and outside of the College.
- Advanced computer skills in the use of Audit Command Language (ACL) spreadsheets, current Microsoft Office to include presentations, e-mail and Internet applications.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- A minimum of three years work experience in auditing or accounting, preferably in higher education
- At least one certifications relative to Internal auditing, finance or information technology
To apply: https://jobs.silkroad.com/MMC/Careers/jobs/1366