The Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury’s Office of Management Services (OMS) is seeking a Procurement Compliance Specialist who will review exemption notices submitted pursuant to Public Chapter 6 of the 2021 Third Extraordinary Session and review procurements and contracts for approval.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing exemption notices submitted by private businesses, governmental entities, schools, and employers to determine whether compliance with Chapters 2 or 6 of Public Chapter 6 of the 2021 Third Extraordinary Session would result in the loss of federal funding.
- Interpreting statutes, rules, policies, and procedures relating to sourcing and contracting to ensure that intended State purchases and contracts are in compliance.
- Evaluating procurement documents and contracts that require Comptroller approval.
- Providing technical assistance related to procurement transactions.
- Providing coordination and support to the Comptroller and Chief of Staff in their respective roles on the Procurement Commission and the Advisory Council for State Procurement.
- Reviewing and approving sourcing and contract events as assigned by the Procurement Compliance Manager, Director of Management Services and Comptroller of the Treasury.
- Consulting with the Department of Finance & Administration, the Central Procurement Office in the Department of General Services, and with other appropriate state departments and agencies regarding:
- Statutes, rules, policies, and procedures
- Procurement methodologies
- Drafting of contracts and procurement documents
- Attending meetings on behalf of, or in conjunction with, the Director or Manager
- Administering and maintaining the contract management system
- Accurately interpreting redline documents for change
- Analyzing incoming documents for accuracy, compliance, and inconsistencies
- Completing other special projects as assigned