Department of Finance and Administration
Division of Administration, Office of Internal Audit
State of Tennessee
Are you looking for an opportunity to put your auditing skills to work for Tennessee state government? We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and detail-oriented internal auditor to join our team.
This is an executive service position with a salary range of $51,552 - $83,664 annually, (based on experience and qualifications).
- Direct supervision of one Auditor 2 currently and another auditor in the future
- Planning and executing various types of financial, compliance, operational and/or program audits and other consulting engagements in accordance with applicable IIA Red Book standards
- Critically evaluating risks, controls, policies and procedures, organizational structure and managerial practices throughout the agency during any given engagement
- Executing analytical procedures using Excel on large data files in order to identify unusual, abnormal, or otherwise relevant transactions or activity
- Preparing thorough and organized workpaper files in accordance with IIA standards and internal policy
- Reviewing workpapers of assigned subordinates to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Preparing draft reports to clearly communicate audit results and recommendations
- Coordinating, facilitating, and reviewing the annual departmental risk assessment in accordance with the Financial Integrity Act
- Assist with, or perform, internal fraud investigations, as necessary
- Assist with the preparation of the annual internal audit plan
Click here to Read more